Village Montessori Preschool, conveniently located in Leesburg, VA, offers programs for young children to help them learn at their own pace in a guided environment. The Montessori Method has several benefits, including:
- Letting each child learn through their own way at their own pace.
- Allowing each child to feel valued as a member of a community.
- Fostering independence and letting students decide what their focus of learning will be.
- Making it so that students can look critically at their own work.
Our classes let students learn at their own pace through self-guided activities in a collaborative community
Leesburg, VA Montessori Programs
Villa Montessori Preschool has toddler, primary, and kindergarten curriculums available for families. Each of these programs is uniquely designed to help support learning and creativity from an early age:
- Toddlers, aged 18 to 36 months, can learn from their senses, especially through sight and sound.
- Our primary class, for children aged 3 to 6, allows for children to learn in a hands-on environment.
- Our kindergarten program focuses on reading, writing and math and is accompanied by the arts, sciences, and cultural studies to develop well-rounded students.
How Students Learn In Our Leesburg Montessori Programs
Montessori classrooms are neat, clean, and well-kept, so that students feel safe and comfortable. Generally speaking there are different areas of a Montessori classroom to focus the different modalities of learning:
- A practical life space, where students learn everyday skills.
- A sensorial area where children use all their senses to enhance learning.
- Spaces that promote math and language.
- A cultural area, where students can explore the arts, geography, and science.
Teachers guide the process of learning and students get to choose the materials that they want to work with. Overall, learning is very experiential and is guided through self-directed activity and collaborative play.
Our Leesburg, VA Montessori Campus
In each of our classrooms, students will find an environment that is specifically designed to spark their curiosity which encourages learning. Montessori materials are always within your child's reach so that they can explore independently. Children in our programs are able to learn at their own pace even within a group setting. This allows your child to engage with the learning materials as much as they need to and for as long as they need. At Villa Montessori, your child will not be expected to master a skill within a designated time frame. Rather, we teach our students to be persistent, never give up, and develop perseverance. These are all very valuable skills for success in our modern world. Providing children opportunities for success in the classroom builds independence and a love of learning.
Our teachers serve as facilitators for each child's experience. Each activity is carefully designed to encourage meaningful learning and focuses on tangible experiences. For example, a student could focus on hand movements as part of an exercise (from left to right or top to bottom) to prepare the student for reading and solving math equations later on in life.
We also incorporate Reggio into our curriculum, especially through our playground, which features outdoor blackboards for students to use their imagination. Our in-class Reggio activities allow your child to explore creativity through art projects and to explore science through experiments.
Tour Our Leesburg Montessori Preschool
Our school is located in Leesburg, VA and we actively enroll students from the following areas: Purcellville, Round Hill, Hamilton, Paeonian Springs, Lansdowne, Lovettsville, Lucketts, Ashburn, Brambleton, South Riding, Waterford, and Sterling. We are located at 1609 Village Market Blvd SE STE 100 Leesburg, VA 20175.